A lot of people need to go for knee crutches following their tragic foot accidents. Some need to loathe crutches for weeks whereas others may require it for a longer time. From personal experience, I can only say wrong and mismatching crutches are simply a nightmare for a wounded person. If you don’t know the specifications and requirements, your crutch will add up the considerable difficulty in your life.
Therefore, it is indeed necessary to know about the best crutches that will match your body movement.
Among variously available crutches, you may look into the iWALK 2.0. Not to mention, this comes with versatility along with convenience. Here I have given the iWALK 2.0 review that will deliver your leg soft support and will be able to move with high comfort. This class 1 mobility device is carefully engineered to get you rapid recovery along with a more independent lifestyle.
As this crutch is not suitable for everybody, you need to check out the basic requirements.
- This one is perfect for those who could walk at stair flights unassisted before the injury. Again, it suits people who could balance for at least 30 seconds over one foot. It would be better to perform a quick test before buying. The test requires bending of the injured leg at 90° at the knee and placing the shin on a padded chair. It provides an excellent result for persons having a weight limit of 275 pounds with an upper thigh circumference of 28”.
- Although the aforementioned are basic requirements, there are some minor ones as well. Though they are not mandatory, they can induce a better matching for your injured leg. You need to have at least average or moderate physical balance or strength. The injury should locate below the knee and must be limited to one leg only. Apart from that, your height needs to be 5’1” up to 6’2”. If these match, then this would be the best one to enjoy a rather comfortable movement with your injured leg.
Padded Fabric Straps
This ergonomic crutch includes fabricated straps that come with suitable padding. Along with smooth adjusting facility, this portion helps to attain a rather comfortable upper support.
Quick Manipulating Knee Buckles
Suitably shaped buckles of soft but sturdy material construction allow a better hold up for your knee. Through quick wear on/off, the buckles offer superior support and impact prevention.
Padded Platform having Suitable Shape
Hard and strong enough platform to keep your knee with utmost convenience. The medically efficient shape makes the platform quite a comfortable resting place for your knee. Additional padding enables soft but sturdy support for the leg to encourage recovery.
Sturdy Foot Tread Being Replaceable
There comes foot tread for each crutch which is of quality as well as strong material. Therefore, it provides better load carrying capacity along with greater support. Over prolonged usage, you can make the necessary replacement of the tread to remain safe.
Height Adjusting Push Buttons
To fit with your body height, there are two push buttons to make a height adjustment. One button lies on the platform whereas the other lies beneath the platform. Through them, you can make instantaneous adjustment as per your requirement.
Moderate Weight for Safe Movement
Along with a weight of 4.5 pounds (2 kg), this one requires some physical strength to make movements. Thus, it is quite unsuitable for children as well as older people. It offers superb manipulation for a mid-aged or young adult having suitable body weight and size.
Additional Features for Better Manipulation & Movement
No Handle to Depend on
Without any handle, the crutch permits frequent and regular movements of the leg. You don’t need your hands like the traditional ones to keep moving.
Suitable Fitting for Both Legs
This versatile crutch includes a suitable design that fits both right and left leg. In fact, you can interchange the crutch through instantaneous conversion.
Proper Adjustment without Tool
The assembly includes a superb adjustment facility in a matter of moments. When the adjustment is required, you don’t need additional or external tools.
Compact Design with 3 Parts
The package arrives in 3 parts which deliver a compact design. Therefore, it becomes quite easy and comforting to carry or store the crutch.
Available Video Tutorial
There are available video tutorials that offer a clearer and better guideline. Through them, you can assemble the parts by yourself and also, make an easy movement.
- Delivers functional independence from the prolonged wound.
- Highly beneficial for recovering common knee injuries.
- Very easy manipulation along with simple assembly.
- Offers great comfort and ease through suitable padding.
- Provides compact storage along with 3 individual parts.
- Entire frame may collapse over falling from a reasonable height.
- The tighter strap is likely to cause a blood clot (DVT) in the knee.
2,700+ customer reviews, this great supportive tool attains a rating of 3.9 out of 5. This crutch has vast popularity among the young generation. Being compatible and user-friendly at the same time, this one attracts smart people’s attention.
Therefore, it achieved an overall positive review along with the high rating.
The quality material comes at a reasonable price and this is no different. Being a long-lasting, sturdy crutch, it has a moderate price in the market. Comparing with other quality products, this one has indeed a reasonable price.
Not to mention, experienced persons do know that the serviceability of the crutch is worthy of this price.
Conventional crutches and traditional scooters repose various limitations over your regular activities. Being an efficient alternative to those, this hand free knee crutch allows you to broaden your outlook. Through easy mobility and carriage, you can go for a walk or even a vacation with optimum safety. The construction attains such a design that it suits people of all ages depending on their ability. And using this one will help you to get out of your bed to lessen your boredom for sure.
Without any handling problems, iWALK 2.0 Hands-Free Knee Crutch is the bright future of medical mobility.